• A new educational model for a new and changing world
• A truly unique and multi-faceted approach to organ education
• An intentional time of instruction, leading directly to a rewarding professional career, or enhancing an existing career
In partnership with the Kegg, Schopp, Schantz, and Schoenstein companies, the AOA will provide:
Hands-on technical training and certification leading directly to rewarding professional careers in organ maintenance and building.
Continuing education opportunities for active organists and organbuilders in:
• Organ performance
• Church music
• Theatre organ
• Organ technology
• In-person or virtual coaching and lessons
• Workshops and seminars on topics including tuning, voicing, maintenance
• Extended study and certification in pipe organ technology
Contact us for more details about a personalized course of study
There are wonderful career opportunities for individuals ready to consider the possibilities. Or, for those desiring to expand and enhance their professional experience, the AOA is here for you. Either way, join us on this creative journey!
Dr. John Schwandt and the American Organ Institute he created at OU captivated me since we first met at the 2012 National Convention of the American Guild of Organists.